At Oxford the River Thames flowed through the city not as one river but as a number of streams.
It is interesting to see a reference in Fr John Hunwick’s blog on 6 March to Blessed John Henry Newman contributing in 1828 to a fund for “raising the floor-level of S Thomas’s above the flood-level of the Thames”.
So the Thames flooded over a wide area. St Thomas’s Church is near Oxford Station so was this water from Osney or the stream to the east?
See page 171.