The summer issue of Thames Guardian, the River Thames Society‘s magazine, has a
reminder that Shillingford Bridge is being restored this summer.
The Thames Path runs up the side of the bridge when it leaves the towpath to pass
through the hamlet.
Stonemasons are working on the bridge’s arches and attractive parapet which means that
pontoons and scaffolding are being used.
The bridge was completed in 1827 to succeed several timber crossings on the line of
the old Shilling ford.