A wonderful exhibition of Eric Fraser’s work has opened at the Chris Beetles Gallery in London’s Ryder Street.
Eric Fraser’s black and white drawings were seen regularly in The Radio Times. He was also responsible for the Mr Therm logo of British Gas Council.
He lived at Hampton just upstream from Hampton Court.
In the exhibition is a picture of riverside Garrick’s Temple in the snow. He also depicted local resident Henry VIII for a History of Parliament exhibition.
Hampton Church can be reached by ferry from the Thames Path. It is probably this church which Eric Fraser depicted on the cover of The Twelve Days of Christmas (1961). The Holy Family is in the church, angels and Father Christmas are in the sky and below the boar’s head is on the Hampton Court dinner table.
The church, usually open on the third Saturday in June for a fete, has a window, doors and an altar cloth by Eric Fraser where he worshipped and is buried.
Eric Fraser 1902-1983, a superb and not to be missed exhibition, continues until 11 May.